Garage door springs fix palm desert CA
Garage Door Springs Repair
Garage door springs are tricky to repair, and the standard issue garage door / overhead door must be in the down position while the springs are being worked on. In most repair cases, we re-calculate the spring coil size and length for each specific garage door. If the springs are not properly calibrated, the motor will be forced to work overtime to hold the garage door. To make sure this doesn't happen, we use special instruments in order to adjust the springs to an average of about 200 inch pounds per turn. There are many other factors other than tightness to account for in overall spring weight, such as tube diameter and spring wire diameter. In general though, tightness is the most important factor.
The Repair Process
Our spring repair and install methods may vary, and our technicians are permitted to change the process in order to further benefit the customer. All variations conform to HOA standards.
- Step one: Check the springs. If the job is a repair, then it is always a good idea to check if the springs actually need to be repaired. If everything checks out, a maintenance might be recommended instead, in order to prevent any issues in the future.
- Step two: Put the garage door in the down position. This prevents the garage door from crashing down while the repair is taking place. This step is crucial.
- Step three: Calibrate the old springs & the cable drum. Making certain that everything is in working order and properly positioned is vital to achieving optimal efficiency.
- Step four: Tighten the springs. Spring tension is weighed and the old springs are tightened with special tools to allow proper function.
- Step five: Lubricate the springs. Now that the springs are properly tightened, our technicians will lubricate them with our special time tested lubricant in order to make sure they work as intended for years to come.
- Step six: Clean up. Now that the job is done, we make sure to pack up our tools and sweep the floor just for good measure.
Sometimes, a repair isn't necessary. In these cases cases, a customer usually hears their garage door loudly screeching as it goes up, or making popping sounds as it moves downward. This could just mean your springs need to be properly tightened and lubricated. In such a case, our employees will downgrade your repair order to a much cheaper solution: maintenance.
Almost all garage door issues can be prevented with proper maintenance. What we do during our maintenance services ranges from tightening bolts, to springs. It includes things such as lubricating your garage door and its springs. These maintenance services are usually done once every year, and we offer a discount to customers who call us in for annual maintenance.
Spring Installation Process
Our spring installation methods may vary depending on the job at hand, and our technicians are permitted to change the process in order to further benefit the customer. All variations conform to HOA standards.
- Step one: Prepare. It is important to make sure that all the proper materials for the job are at your disposal. This includes the proper tools, and the correct replacement springs.
- Step two: Put the garage door in the down position. This prevents the garage door from crashing down while the repair/install is taking place. This step is crucial.
- Step three: Remove the old pair. The garage door is prepared for the swap, and the springs are removed from their bars. If the springs are broken, they are recycled in our metal bin to better the environment.
- Step four: Install the new pair. A new pair is quickly fixed onto the bar in place of the old springs. This must be done quickly in prioritization of safety.
- Step five: Tighten the new springs. After the new springs are in place, they are tightened with special tools, in order for them to perform at peak efficiency.
- Step six: Lubricate the springs. Now that Bthe new pair of springs are properly tightened, our technicians will lubricate them with our special time tested lubricant in order to make sure they work as intended for years to come.
- Step Seven: Clean up. Now that the job is done, we make sure to pack up our tools, recycle the old pair of springs, and sweep the floor. In order to give your garage a fresh look.
"The Harvey's Experience" is all about quality services and efficiency. That's why we offer same day service & free estimates to all our customers.
Address: 74882 Joni Dr #1
No matter which method of contact you choose, we're always ready to get out there and work hard. Harvey's is eager to make you one of our satisfied customers, and we look forward to working with you on any project of any size. Our professionals are just a dial away from fixing your garage door this very same day.
(Below) Harvey, the company's founder.
(Below) One of our long time customers who knew Harvey.
Speak with a professional today,
FREE OF CHARGE!
Garage Door Springs
Garage doors springs are rarely given credit for the work they do. They're the most important muscle in the garage door. Garage door springs hold the weight of the door, allowing the motor to push and pull the garage door across its rails. Through this, "garage springs" take the weight off the motor and prevent it from giving out. Harvey's has been working with garage door springs here in the Southern Californian desert since 1972. We know how to give them the good old fixer-upper.
(Above) A broken spring. Notice how the coils separate, exposing the bar.
(Above) Hector and Omar preparing to install a second spring.
(Above) Omar installing a pair of new springs.